Haddenham Garden Centre, between Thame and Aylesbury
Current News at Haddenham Garden Centre:
You can select a news category on the right hand menu
We have started to set up our Christmas displays, lots of lovely products out already!
- Cut back hardy geraniums & delphiniums after flowering to encourage a second flowering period and feed with Vitax Q4 after cutting.
- Dead head bedding & perennial flower borders to prolong flowering.
- Mulch borders to help retain moisture & keep weeds down, we recommend Mulch & Mix.
- Liquid feed all containerised plants, keep them well watered throughout dry spells, we recommend Q4 soluble.
- Keep an eye out for aphids, vine weevils & lily beetles (scarlet in colour) & all pests, we recommend ultimate bug killer.
- Mildew & blackspot on roses should be treated with Roseclear.
- Keep newly planted trees & shrubs well watered.
- Keep an eye out for Clematis wilt. Clematis wilt is a fungal disease that causes the leaves to wilt & have black blotches on them. The only treatment is to cut it out.
- Continue to mow your lawns except in drought conditions, during hot weather set the mower blades to a slightly higher level than normal. This will prevent the lawn from drying out.
- Use a liquid feed on your lawn, we recommend using miracle grow lawn feed.
- If you have a pond this is a great time to clear it of all the debris that may be lurking in the depths. This will improve water quality.
- Take advantage of the dry weather (if we get any) to catch up on painting & preserving jobs – sheds, fences & garden furniture are all regularly in need of a new coat. We stock a large range of Ronseal products.
Price Match Promise on all Garden Furniture & BBQ’s!