Haddenham Garden Centre, between Thame and Aylesbury
Current News at Haddenham Garden Centre:
You can select a news category on the right hand menu
- Start to cut back cottage garden plants that have already flowered.
- Continue to dead head bedding plants in borders, containers & hanging baskets to prolong flowering.
- It is still important to continue to feed your planted arrangements & hanging baskets, we recommend soluble Q4.
- Prune climbing & rambling roses that do not repeat flower or produce rosehips, once the flowers have finished.
- Powdery mildew can be prevalent this time of year, treat with Fungus fighter.
- Prune Wisteria & Pyracantha after flowering.
- Lightly prune Hebe’s & Lavenders after flowering.
- Make sure all plants are well watered throughout dry sunny spells.
- Blackspot on roses is very common. Remove affected & fallen leaves & burn them to prevent spread.
- When mowing your lawn raise the blades, this will help reduce drought stress.
- Browning on the lawn is very common at this time of year. Don’t water the grass unless absolutely necessary. It will green up when the autumn rains arrive.
- Water houseplants freely when they are in growth.
- Feed your houseplants, usually once every two weeks with a liquid feed, we recommend Baby Bio.
- Damp down greenhouses on hot days to maintain humidity levels.
- Keep your ponds & water features topped up.
- Start to feed your soil with organic matter.
- Cut out old fruited canes on your raspberries.
Please note that the Luxury Afternoon Tea For Two on the latest Reward Card offer is
only served between 2pm – 4pm (Mon-Sat) and 2pm – 3.30pm (Sun).
Many apologies if you have tried to use the offer outside of these times.
We’ve lots of great gift ideas for Father’s Day.
Pack Bedding £2.99 each or 4 for £10!