Haddenham Garden Centre, between Thame and Aylesbury
Current News at Haddenham Garden Centre:
You can select a news category on the right hand menu
Click on image below to listen to Summerfest Radio!
- Hoe borders regularly to keep weeds down.
- Pinch out tomato side shoots.
- Plant out summer bedding.
- Stake tall or floppy plants.
- Shade greenhouses to keep them cool, use greenhouse shading liquid.
- Make sure plants are well watered during dry spells.
- Divide Hostas as they come into growth.
- Aphids multiply rapidly in the summer, control with Bug Clear ultra.
- Mow & edge your lawns once a week.
- Apply a high nitrogen feed to your lawn, we recommend Scott’s Lawn builder.
- Prune deciduous Magnolias once in full leaf.
- Clip evergreen hedges.
- Prune flowering shrubs like Weigela, Deutzia & Philadelphus after they have flowered.
- Tie in climbing & rambling roses.
- Prune overcrowded, dead or diseased stems of Clematis Montana once it has finished flowering.
- Remove reverted shoots on hardy variegated plants.
- Sprinkle fertiliser around perennials, shrubs & roses, we recommend Vitax Q4.
- Caterpillars, aphids & other fly pests can be problematic at this time of year, use PY products to control pests.
- Check roses for signs of blackspot & aphids, we recommend Roseclear as a preventative.
- To remove algae from paths & patios use Patio Magic
- Prune out any remaining frost damage from evergreen shrubs.
- Put your summer hanging baskets & containers out, keep an eye out for late frosts & fleece plants if required.
- Harvest water we have a range of water butts available.
- Dead head roses to encourage more blooms.
- Large flowering poppies can be cut back to ground level after flowering, feed with Vitax Q 4 & water well.
- Thin out fruit - apples , pears etc.
Price Match Promise on all Garden Furniture & BBQ’s!