Haddenham Garden Centre, between Thame and Aylesbury
Current News at Haddenham Garden Centre:
You can select a news category on the right hand menu
- Watch out for late frosts and protect tender plants with fleece
- Hedges can start to be clipped (check for nesting birds before you start)
- Mow lawns weekly
- Collect rainwater with water butts
- Hoe borders to prevent annual weeds from spreading
- Liquid feed plants in containers every two to four weeks – we recommend Q4 soluble as a good general feed
- Top dress spring flowering alpines with grit or gravel to prevent rotting
- Prune Clematis Montana after flowering
- Remove any reverted green shoots from variegated evergreens.
- Tie in rambling and climbing roses as near to horizontal as possible. This will encourage more side shoots, therefore producing more flowers.
- Check roses for signs of black spot & aphids etc - we recommend Roseclear is used as a preventative
- Caterpillars, aphids and other fly pests can be a problem this time of year
- Apply a high nitrogen feed to your lawn to encourage a healthy looking lawn – we recommend Scott’s lawn builder lawn food
- Remove dirt and algae from walls, paving and patio’s - we recommend Patio Magic
- In dry spells treat timber products with Ronseal timber care
- Apply greenhouse shading to the outside of glass to prevent temperatures soaring on sunny days
- If growing tomatoes, peppers and aubergines in a greenhouse remember to tie in the leading shoots. Stems are less likely to break or grow in an undesired direction if trained early on.
- Apply a liquid feed to spring bulbs after they have flowered, to encourage good flowering next year – we recommend Q4 soluble
- Trim back aubrietia and alyssum after flowering, this encourages fresh growth & new flowers
Price Match Promise on all Garden Furniture & BBQ’s!