Haddenham Garden Centre is an independent family owned business that has been established for over 40 years. We are proud members of the Garden Centre Association and pride ourselves on our high standards, excellent customer service levels and the quality of our products. In recent years, we have undergone a sizeable development that has seen both our retail space and our restaurant and farm shop significantly extended.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and hands-on Part Time Retail Assistants to join our team. The days of work will be:
Position 1: Monday to Friday 12pm-3pm
Position 2: Thursday and Friday each week 9am -6pm and alternate weekends (Saturday 9am – 6pm and Sunday 9.30am to 5pm)
The main duties of the role include:
- Operating the till and serving customers.
- Delivering excellent customer service to customers, which includes providing advice and ensuring that all customer queries are dealt with in full and in a timely manner.
- General housekeeping to ensure high standards of presentation are maintained.
- Providing support to other areas of the business as requested with duties such as pricing and stock replenishment.
Skills/Experience required for the role:
- Previous retail experience is desirable
- Must be fit and capable of manual work as the role will involve bending and lifting
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to quickly build a good rapport with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Basic level of IT literacy
- Highly organised with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain calm in busy periods
- Able to work on own initiative
We have a great package if this is the job for you:
- employee discount after successful completion of probationary period.
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday pro rata (inclusive of public/bank holidays)
- Uniform provided
- On site parking
To apply, please email your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, highlighting any relevant experience to Sam Hawkins: email@example.com
When applying, please can you indicate whether you are applying for position 1 or 2.
We’re sorry but it is not possible for us to respond to applicants who are not successful.