Haddenham Garden Centre is an independent family owned business that has been established for over 40 years. We are proud members of the Garden Centre Association and pride ourselves on our high standards, excellent customer service levels and the quality of our products. In recent years, we have undergone a sizeable development that has seen both our retail space and our restaurant and farm shop significantly extended.
We are currently looking to recruit a Garden Sundries Manager to join our team. The role forms an integral part of the store’s management team and will involve the effective day to day management and development of the sundries department in order to deliver upon annual sales and profit targets. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader who has a positive leadership style and a passion for delivering excellent customer service levels.
The position is full time and will include working alternate weekends with a set day off each week.
- Responsible for managing, motivating and training the Garden Sundries team
- Responsible for stock management in the sundries department to include product ordering and replenishment in line with the departmental budget and identifying and taking action to address slow moving lines.
- Achieve departmental sales and profit targets
- Gain excellent product knowledge to effectively and confidently advise customers
- Be an excellent role model for the sundries team, delivering excellent customer service and demonstrating an enthusiastic, positive and committed attitude.
- Merchandise stock, ensuring displays are eye catching, practical and maintained and that these are refreshed on a regular basis and are seasonally relevant
- Ensure the highest standards of housekeeping, cleanliness and health and safety are upheld everyday
- Work with Marketing to promote product areas to increase sales performance
- To form part of the store senior management team in terms of duty management, leadership and communication
- Proven experience as a Retail Sales Manager/Team Leader in a retail environment
- In-depth knowledge of standard retail processes such as stock ordering, stock turn and product merchandising
- Proven ability to set standards and engage the enthusiasm of team members and inspire them to perform at their best
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to quickly build a good rapport with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Financial awareness with a proven ability to manage, maintain and work within defined budgets
- Self-motivated individual who can work on own initiative and manage own time effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel
- Must be fit and capable of manual work as the role will involve bending, lifting and carrying
- Willingness to contribute fully as part of the overall store management team
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to earn a performance related bonus after qualifying period
- Contributory pension scheme
- 28 days holiday per year inclusive of public/ bank holidays
- Staff discount after successful completion of probationary period
- Uniform provided
- Staff training and development
- Free Car Parking
If you feel that you are the right candidate for the role, we would love to hear from you. To apply for the position please email your CV and a short covering letter to Sam Hawkins: firstname.lastname@example.org