Haddenham Garden Centre is an independent family owned business that has been established for over 40 years. We are proud members of the Garden Centre Association and pride ourselves on our high standards, excellent customer service levels and the quality of our products. In recent years, we have undergone a sizeable development that has seen both our retail space and our restaurant and farm shop significantly extended.
We are currently looking to recruit an EPOS administrator to support the EPOS Supervisor with the day to day operation of our EPOS (Electronic Point of Sale) system. The role will also involve supporting the EPOS Supervisor with maintaining accurate control over till floats.
The position is full time and the hours of work are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
- To assist with the administration and data input of the Garden Centre stock system such as booking in orders and transferring stock.
- To ensure stock data and promotional activities are kept up to date in liaison with department heads.
- Carry out regular housekeeping/maintenance tasks to ensure clean and accurate data from the EPOS system and to minimise system downtime.
- To produce daily, weekly, monthly reports available within the EPOS system, as requested by the management team.
- To provide first line assistance to users when problems with the EPOS system occur including dealing with both hardware and software issues. This includes acting as a conduit for two-way communication between the users and the system help desk.
- To assist in providing training and support to till and EPOS users on the system operation.
- Cashing up and creating/reconciling tills and floats, investigating any discrepancies and completing relevant discrepancy forms.
- Assist with the creation of Purchase Orders in line with the requirements of department heads.
- To accurately create POS within set time frames.
Skills/experience required for the role:
- Proven experience as an administrator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and external businesses
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be flexible, able to cope under pressure and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Experience of working in the administration of EPOS or other stock control systems is desirable but not essential as full training would be given
- Previous experience working in a retail environment with an understanding of till systems
- employee discount after successful completion of probationary period.
- Contributory pension scheme
- On site parking
If you believe you are the right person for the role, we would love to hear from you. Please email your CV and a short covering letter to Todd Hills: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re sorry but it is not possible for us to respond to applicants who are not successful.