Haddenham Garden Centre is a family owned business which has been established for over 40 years. Building on our past success, we have recently undergone a sizeable development which has enabled us to expand our shop space and offer a larger range of products to our customers. We also operate a successful e-commerce website which is growing year on year.
We are currently looking for an organised and enthusiastic Senior Warehouse Operative to run our Warehouse Area. The position is full time and the hours of work are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Purpose of the role:
Managing Goods In and Out and organising daily tasks in the warehouse, prioritising workloads to ensure certain deadlines are met, liaising with warehouse team members to co-ordinate tasks and liaising with other teams to manage workflow and expectations. Ensuring that the warehouse standards are maintained at the highest level.
The successful candidate will be someone who is experienced in the warehouse environment and is naturally organised, is hands-on, can use their own initiative on a daily basis and can communicate well with others. We are looking for an individual who will fit in with our hard-working team and have a desire to help the business grow and develop.
- To unload/receive and book in goods that have been delivered, and to pick and pack website orders going out/being collected, accurately and in a timely manner.
- To have excellent time management and the ability to prioritise certain workloads to ensure tasks are completed in the most efficient order and in good time.
- Delegating and organising workflow amongst the warehouse team, to communicate well, and to offer support and training to others when needed.
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping, cleanliness and compliance with health and safety and security procedures at all times.
- To assist other team members (shop floor staff and web team) with any stock queries and the moving of stock around the site. Show a willingness to help others.
- To prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities/damages, and also by being conscientious and careful whilst handling goods and to lead by example.
- Resolving any issues associated with stock and the warehouse environment.
- To carry out local deliveries alone or as a two man delivery service.
- On occasion and when considered appropriate, you may be required to carry out other duties that fit within your strengths.
- Have experience of working at a senior level in a warehouse.
- Possess good people skills with the ability to work well in a team and to inspire and motivate others.
- Be competent with computer work and able/willing to learn all systems and processes as required.
- You will have a keen eye for maintaining standards and keep the various warehouse areas tidy and organised at all times.
- Is a self-motivated and logical individual who can use initiative, and manage own time effectively as well as other staff members’ time.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, with an ability to adapt and problem solve with an optimistic outlook.
- Be very hands-on with a strong work ethic.
- Physically able to undertake all general warehouse duties, including heavy lifting.
- Operate a forklift (training can be provided but a valid forklift licence is desirable).
- Full clean car Driving License required for local deliveries (van and small flatbed truck).
Permanent. 40 hours per week Monday-Friday
- 28 days holiday per year inclusive of public/ bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Staff discount after completion of probationary period.
- Uniform provided.
- Training schedules.
- Competitive salary.
If you feel you are the right candidate, please email (rather than upload) your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, highlighting any relevant experience, or any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org