Haddenham Garden Centre is an independent family owned business that has been established for over 40 years. As well as indoor and outdoor plants the garden centre offers a wide range of products including landscaping materials, clothing, gift wear, indoor and outdoor furniture and it has its own Pet department, Farm shop and Restaurant. We have recently undergone an exciting new development which has seen both the retail and restaurant space significantly extended.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hands-on Retail Assistant to join our team on a Saturday.
The main duties of the role include:
- Operating the till and serving customers.
- Delivering excellent customer service to customers, which includes greeting customers, providing advice and ensuring that all customer queries are dealt with in full and in a timely manner.
- Pricing and merchandising products
- General housekeeping to ensure high standards of presentation are maintained.
- Answering the telephone and assisting customers with their enquiries
- Carrying out everyday duties such as stock replenishment, stock taking and lifting and moving stock
- Providing support to other areas of the business as requested
Skills/Experience required for the role:
- Previous retail experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Must be fit and capable of manual work as the role will involve bending and lifting
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to quickly build a good rapport with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Basic level of IT literacy
- Highly organised with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain calm in busy periods
- Able to work on own initiative
If you would like to be a part of our exciting next step, we would love to hear from you. Please email your CV to Brian Wise: email@example.com
We’re sorry but it is not possible for us to respond to applicants who are not successful.