Haddenham Garden Centre is an independent family owned business that has been established for over 40 years. As well as indoor and outdoor plants the garden centre offers a wide range of products including landscaping materials, clothing, gift wear, outdoor furniture and it has its own Pet department and Farm shop.
We are currently recruiting for a Saturday Retail Assistant.
The main duties of the role include:
- Operating the till and serving customers.
- Delivering excellent customer service to customers, which includes greeting customers, providing advice and ensuring that all customer queries are dealt with in full and in a timely manner.
- Assisting customers with carrying items to their car as required
- Pricing and merchandising products
- General housekeeping to ensure high standards of presentation are maintained.
- Answering the telephone and assisting customers with their enquiries
- Carrying out everyday duties such as stock replenishment, stock taking and lifting and moving stock
- Providing support to other areas of the business as requested
Skills/Experience required for the role:
- Previous retail experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Must be fit and capable of manual work as the role will involve bending and lifting
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to quickly build a good rapport with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Basic level of IT literacy
- Highly organised with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain calm in busy periods
- Able to work on own initiative
The hours of work will be 9am to 6pm with a one hour unpaid lunch break.
If you feel you are the right candidate, we would love to hear from you. Please email (rather than attaching your CV and applying online) your CV to Becky Harding: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re sorry but it is not possible for us to respond to applicants who are not successful.