Are you passionate about horticulture with a good knowledge of plants? Are you good with people?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hands on Plant Area Assistant with a good knowledge of horticulture to join our team and assist the Plant Manager with the day to day running of our plant area.
The position is full time: 39.5 hours per week including alternate weekends.
Haddenham Garden Centre Ltd founded in 1978 is a Garden Centre, Farm shop, Restaurant and Ecommerce business. The Garden Centre is family owned and prides itself in offering good quality produce and in delivering excellent customer service levels.
If you are committed, highly motivated and have the drive to succeed in your career then we’d love to hear from you if you believe you are a suitable match for the role.
The main duties of the role include:
- Delivering excellent customer service to customers, which includes greeting customers, providing advice and ensuring that all customer queries are dealt with in full and in a timely manner
- Ensuring that plants are well presented and well maintained
- Assisting the Plant Area Manager with general maintenance which will include watering and weeding plants and sweeping up and tidying the plant area.
- Assisting with incoming deliveries which will include unloading and checking off stock and merchandising stock in the Plant Area.
- Providing support to other areas of the business as requested
Skills/Experience required for the role:
- Good knowledge of plants (This is essential in order to be able to assist customers with their enquiries)
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Must be fit and capable of manual work as the role will involve bending and lifting
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to quickly build a good rapport with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Highly organised with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work on own initiative
- Happy to do a role which will involve outside work all year round
Benefits for the role include a contributory pension scheme, staff discount after probationary period and opportunities for career development for the right candidate.
If you feel you are the right candidate, we would love to hear from you. Please email your CV and a short covering letter to Jane Robson: email@example.com.
We’re sorry but it is not possible for us to respond to applicants who are not successful.