Haddenham Garden Centre is a family owned business which has been established for over 40 years. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Pet Area Assistant/Retail Assistant to join our team.
In this position, you would support the Pet Area Manager with the day to day running of the Pet Department. In addition to this, you would also spend time working in other areas of the store as a retail assistant where you would be required to deliver an excellent level of customer service to our customers. Training would be given to ensure you are able to develop your knowledge of the products in our pet department in order that you can share this information with our customers.
The position is full time: Average of 39.5 hours per week including alternate weekends
The main duties of the role include:
- Completing sales correctly and efficiently at the till
- Delivering excellent customer service to customers, which includes greeting customers, establishing their requirements and ensuring that all customer queries are dealt with in full and in a timely manner.
- Sharing your skills and knowledge with customers to help them provide the best possible care for their pets
- Assisting with incoming deliveries which will include unloading and checking off stock and merchandising stock within the Pet Department/Garden Centre.
- Ensuring displays are innovative, practical and maintained, and that these are refreshed on a regular basis
- Ordering products for the Pet Department when the Pet Area Manager is away from the business
- General housekeeping to ensure high standards of presentation are maintained.
- Providing support to other areas of the business as requested
Skills/Experience required for the role:
- Passion for Pets
- Previous retail experience is desirable
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to quickly build a good rapport with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Must be fit and capable of manual work as the role will involve bending and lifting
- IT literate
- Highly organised with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain calm in busy periods
- Able to work within a team and on own initiative
We have a great package if this is the job for you:
- Attractive discounts
- Pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday pro rata (inclusive of public/bank holidays)
- Training to develop your skills and knowledge
If you feel you are the right candidate, please email your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, highlighting any relevant experience, or any enquiries to email@example.com
Closing Date: 15th March 2019