Haddenham Garden Centre is a family owned business which has been established for over 40 years.
Building on our past success, we have recently undergone a sizeable development to expand our shop space and offer a larger range of products to our customers. This includes an increase of Outdoor Living products, for which we are needing an enthusiastic and pro-active individual to join our team to assist in this department.
The role is full time and will include working alternate weekends with a set day off each week.
Purpose of the role:
Assist the Outdoor Living Manager with the day to day operations of the Outdoor Living department ensuring the area is well stocked, well merchandised and tidy, and to drive sales whilst delivering an exceptional customer experience. The job role will also involve providing general support on the shop floor which will include operating the till and lifting and moving stock.
The successful candidate will be someone who naturally enjoys helping people and takes great satisfaction in offering excellent service. We are looking for an individual who will fit in with our hard-working team and make a significant contribution to the company’s success and development.
- Gain excellent product knowledge in the Outdoor Living Department to effectively and confidently advise customers.
- Delivering excellent customer service to customers, which includes ensuring that all customer queries are dealt with in full and in a timely manner.
- Merchandise (and on occasion assemble) stock, ensuring displays are innovative yet practical.
- General housekeeping to ensure high standards of cleanliness and presentation are maintained.
- Providing general support on the shop floor which will include operating the till and serving customers, stock replenishment, lifting and moving stock and carry to car.
- Providing support to other areas of the business as requested
Skills/Experience required for the role:
- Previous experience in retail and product merchandising
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to quickly build a good rapport with customers, colleagues and suppliers
- Able to demonstrate a level of sales ability, which includes active listening and an understanding of our customer’s needs.
- Must be fit and capable of manual work as the role will involve bending and lifting
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, with an ability to adapt and problem solve with an optimistic outlook.
- Highly organised with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to remain calm in busy periods
- Able to work on own initiative and manage own time effectively
- Able to assemble flat packed furniture and BBQ’s
We have a great package if this is the job for you
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday pro rata (inclusive of public/bank holidays)
- Attractive staff discounts after completion of probationary period
- Contributory Pension scheme
If you feel you are the right candidate, we would love to hear from you. Please email (rather than attaching your CV and applying online) your CV to Sam Hawkins: email@example.com
We’re sorry but it is not possible for us to respond to applicants who are not successful.