Haddenham Garden Centre is a family owned business which has been established for over 40 years. Building on our past success, we are currently undergoing a sizeable development to expand our current shop space and offer a larger range of products to our customers. This includes an increase of Outdoor Living and Christmas products, for which we are needing an enthusiastic and pro-active team member to run these seasonal departments.
Purpose of the role:
Managing the day to day operations of the Outdoor Living department (Spring/Summer) and the Christmas department (Autumn/Winter), ensuring the area is well stocked, well merchandised and tidy, and to drive sales whilst delivering an exceptional customer experience.
The successful candidate will be someone who naturally enjoys helping people and takes great satisfaction in offering excellent service. We are looking for an individual who will fit in with our hard-working team and make a significant contribution to the company’s success and development.
- Possess excellent product knowledge to effectively and confidently advise customers.
- Merchandise (and on occasion assemble) stock, ensuring displays are innovative yet practical.
- Ensuring the highest standards of housekeeping, cleanliness and merchandising are upheld every day.
- Ensuring the customer experience is second to none.
- Resolving all customer queries.
- Achieving and excelling all store and individual KPI’s.
- Excellent time management and experience of working to deadlines.
- Delegating and organising workflow, to communicate well, and to offer support and training to others when needed.
- Providing support to the general shop manager and willingness to help other team members.
- To work closely with the Web Team, and Buyers to discuss trends and customer feedback.
- Maintaining the security of the shop/stock.
- On occasion and when considered appropriate, you may be required to carry out other duties that fit within your strengths.
- Have experience of retail and product merchandising.
- Have good understanding of stock ordering and stock turn.
- Possess excellent people skills with ability to work well in a team.
- Be able to demonstrate a level of sales ability, which includes active listening skills, empathy and an understanding of our customers’ needs.
- Be competent and confident with computer work.
- You will have a keen eye for maintaining standards and take pride in keeping the store looking immaculate at all times.
- Is a self-motivated individual who can use initiative, and manage own time effectively.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, with an ability to adapt and problem solve with an optimistic outlook.
- Be able to assemble flat packed furniture, BBQs and Christmas items.
Permanent. 30 – 40 hours per week including alternate weekends.
- 28 days holiday per year inclusive of public/ bank holidays – pro rata.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Staff discount after completion of probationary period.
- Uniform provided.
- Training schedules.
- Competitive salary.
If you feel you are the right candidate, please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, highlighting any relevant experience, or any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15th March 2019