Haddenham Garden Centre is a family owned business which has been established for over 40 years. Our established Farm Shop offers a meat counter run by a local butchers Beef Olive, deli counter, freshly baked products, local and regional food, condiments and drinks.
We are currently looking to recruit a Farm Shop Manager to develop our offering and oversee the day to day running of the department. The position is full time and will include working alternate weekends.
To be successful you will need to have a love for food and be inspired and motivated by a passion for quality and exceptional service. If you are ambitious with a desire to progress within a growing company, now is the time to join our team
Purpose of the role:
To ensure product quality and guarantee superb customer satisfaction, whilst maximising the departments profitability and following the company’s policies
The role will involve:
Managing day to day operations of the Farm Shop, consisting of:
- Managing and motivating team of 3 people.
- Food stock management, replenishment and ordering.
- Product procurement ensuring the offering is relevant and seasonal.
- Processing stock and resulting paperwork via our EPOS and Stock Inventory systems.
- Ensuring displays are innovative, practical and maintained, and that these are refreshed on a regular basis in conjunction with our merchandising manager.
- Ensuring the customer experience is second to none.
- Achieving departmental targets and individual KPI’s.
- Working to financial budgets as required.
- Working to all HR, HSE, Food Safety, Environmental and Fire guidelines in line with company policy and current legislation.
- Looking to maximise all retail sale opportunities whilst minimising wastage.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous supervisory experience at a similar level.
- Have experience of food retail, purchasing and product merchandising.
- Have a good understanding of food safety practises, stock control and stock turn.
- Possess excellent people skills
- Be competent and confident with computer work with basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Be a real foodie, who is passionate about the products we sell.
- Experience working with a deli offering would be an advantage.
Our Benefits Include:
- 28 days holiday per year inclusive of public/ bank holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Staff discount after completion of probationary period.
- Uniform provided.
- Staff training and development
- Free Car Parking
- Opportunity to earn a performance related bonus after qualifying period.
To apply for this position, please email (rather than upload) your CV and a Cover Letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, highlighting any relevant experience, to Dan Powell: firstname.lastname@example.org