Ecommerce Customer Service Team Leader
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 /year
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Our Home & Garden Centre website was founded in 2009, backed by an experienced garden centre team. We’re a popular online destination for garden gift vouchers, barbecues, garden furniture, and Christmas items. We are constantly expanding to reach bigger audiences and offer a wider range of products. We are based at Haddenham Garden Centre, which was established in 1977.
In this full time role, you will receive great exposure and training on many aspects of running a website. This role is varied and you will have the opportunity to learn new skills to build on your career in ecommerce.
Candidates should be proactive and have excellent communication skills. They should be bright, willing to learn and able to pick up new computer programs with ease. The successful candidate will lead our experienced customer service team, will need to be a confident problem-solver with an optimistic attitude. We are looking for an individual who would fit in with our small, passionate team and make a significant contribution to the company’s success and development.
- Lead our small team of customer service advisors ensuring the highest standards of customer service at all times.
- Manage inbound/outbound phone calls by providing information on our products/services, and resolve any customer concerns in a confident and friendly manner.
- Ensure that all communications, queries and concerns via email and social media are dealt with to a very high standard.
- Handle Customer Service escalations confidently and professionally.
- Accurately prepare and dispatch website and Amazon orders in a timely manner, and sometimes in a very fast paced environment.
- To manage your own and the team’s time and possess the ability to prioritise various workloads to ensure tasks are completed in the most efficient order and in good time.
- Confidently liaise with suppliers, couriers and any staff members to acquire information or to resolve any potential issues or concerns.
- Handle customer returns.
- Organise and manage stock areas, unload/receive and book in goods that have been delivered and maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the warehouse.
- You will be responsible for keeping an accurate inventory and also maintaining the inventory by placing orders.
- Administration of website content, including uploading new products and updating existing products.
- Creating promotional campaigns.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge as a minimum.
- Must have at least 2 years experience in a customer service team leader/manager role.
- Hands on customer service experience – demonstrating a professional, confident yet friendly tone/manner. Ability to solve concerns efficiently and with empathy.
- Must be an excellent communicator, written and verbal, with previous telephony experience.
- Is a self-motivated individual who can use their own initiative, and manage their own and a team’s time effectively.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and can demonstrate a high level of accuracy at all times, in all aspects of the role.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude at all times, with an ability to adapt and problem solve with an optimistic outlook.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work flexibly and provide cover to meet operational and seasonal needs.
- Physical demands: The role sometimes involves lifting and moving heavy and bulky boxes and the use of the pump truck to move the heaviest boxes.
Permanent. Full time: 40 hours per week, primarily Mon-Fri, with weekend overtime offered during peak season. Competitive salary plus bonuses.
- 28 days holiday per year inclusive of public/ bank holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Staff discount after completion of probationary period.
- Extensive training.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual bonus based on performance target.
Please email (rather than upload) your CV and a detailed Cover Letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, highlighting any relevant experience, to Ben Hawkins: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re sorry but it is not possible for us to respond to applicants who are not successful.