Home & Garden Centre was founded in 2009, backed by an experienced garden centre team. We’re a popular online destination for garden gift vouchers, barbecues, garden furniture, and Christmas items. We are constantly expanding to reach bigger audiences and offer a wider range of products. We are based at Haddenham Garden Centre, which was established in 1977.
Purpose of the role:
A full-time role where specific areas of responsibility include picking, packing and dispatching online orders on a daily basis, providing customer service via telephone, email and social media, liaising with our suppliers, managing stock levels, and assisting with the maintenance of stock areas.
Candidates should be proactive and have excellent communication skills. They should be bright, willing to learn and able to use their initiative every day. We are looking for an individual who would fit in with our small, hard-working team and make a real contribution to the company’s success and development.
- Accurately select and gather products for web orders in a timely manner
- Pack and dispatch website, Amazon and eBay orders whilst working to a target
- Organise and manage stock areas, unload/receive and book in goods that have been delivered and maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the warehouse
- Manage website stock inventory by using spreadsheets and physically counting stock and maintain stock levels by placing orders
- Carry out high levels of customer service via email and phones
- To manage your time and possess the ability to prioritise various workloads to ensure tasks are completed in the most efficient order and in good time
- Manage customer returns
- Confidently liaise with suppliers, couriers and any staff members to acquire information or to resolve any potential issues and concerns
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge as a minimum
- Must have excellent attention to detail and can demonstrate a high level of accuracy at all times, in all aspects of the role
- Customer service experience – demonstrating a professional, confident yet friendly tone/manner
- Must be a great communicator, written and verbal, with previous telephony experience
- Is a self-motivated individual who can use their own initiative, and manage own time effectively
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, with an ability to adapt and problem solve with an optimistic outlook
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work flexibly and provide cover to meet operational and seasonal needs
- Physical demands, the role involves lifting and moving products up to 20kg in weight and the use of the pump truck to move heavier loads
Permanent. Full time: 40 hours per week, primarily Mon-Fri, will include weekends during peak season. Competitive salary plus bonuses.
- 28 days holiday per year inclusive of public/ bank holidays – pro rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Staff discount after completion of probationary period
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus (based on performance target)
Please email us your CV and a detailed covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, highlighting any relevant experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re sorry but it is not possible for us to respond to applicants who are not successful.
Closing Date: 11th August 2019
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,000.00 to £19,000.00 /year