Haddenham Garden Centre is a family owned business which has been established for over 40 years. Building on our past success, we are currently undergoing a sizeable development to expand the current shop space and offer a larger range of products to our customers. This includes an increase in clothing and footwear products, for which we are needing an enthusiastic and pro-active team member to run this department.
Purpose of the role:
Managing the day to day operations of the clothing department, ensuring the area is well stocked, well merchandised and tidy, and to drive sales whilst delivering an exceptional customer experience.
The successful candidate will be someone who naturally enjoys helping people and takes great satisfaction in offering excellent service. We are looking for an individual who will fit in with our hard-working team and make a significant contribution to the company’s success and development.
- Stock management, replenishment and ordering.
- Ensuring the highest standards of housekeeping, cleanliness and merchandising are upheld every day.
- Ensuring the customer experience is second to none.
- Resolving all customer queries.
- Achieving and excelling all store and individual KPI’s.
- Working to financial budgets and shop targets as required.
- Excellent time management and experience of working to deadlines.
- Train and lead any new starters as the department grows.
- Providing support to the general shop manager and willingness to help other team members.
- Maintaining the security of the shop/stock.
- On occasion and when considered appropriate, you may be required to carry out other duties that fit within your strengths.
- Have experience of retail and product merchandising (clothing retail experience desirable).
- Have good understanding of stock ordering and stock turn.
- Possess excellent people skills with a proven track record of people management.
- Be able to demonstrate a level of sales ability, which includes active listening skills, empathy and an understanding of our customers’ needs.
- Be competent and confident with computer work.
- You will have a keen eye for maintaining standards and take pride in keeping the store looking immaculate at all times.
- Is a self-motivated individual who can use initiative, and manage own time effectively.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, with an ability to adapt and problem solve with an optimistic outlook.
Permanent. 30 – 40 hours per week including alternate weekends.
- 28 days holiday per year inclusive of public/ bank holidays – pro rata.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Staff discount after completion of probationary period.
- Uniform provided.
- Training schedules.
- Competitive salary.
If you feel you are the right candidate, please email your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, highlighting any relevant experience, or any enquiries to email@example.com
Closing Date: 15th March 2019