Mask Update 23rd July 2020
The government has made it mandatory for customers who visit shops in England to wear face masks from 24th July 2020.
The guidelines make it clear that our teams in both our garden centre and restaurant are not required to wear face coverings but we will aim to wear them wherever possible.
Customers can remove their masks to consume food and drinks in our restaurant. There will also be no requirement to wear your mask in our open spaced plant area. The guidelines state that wearing masks applies to ‘inside shops’ only.
Hand sanitisation facilities are available throughout the centre and the restaurant.
The government have clearly stated the liability for wearing a face mask resides with the individual. It is important for us all to be aware that some members of the public are exempt from wearing face masks due to health reasons.
We will continue to follow the government guidelines on social distancing and hygiene.
The Government position on face masks and coverings in retail shops is as follows: “Wearing a face covering is required by law when travelling as a passenger on public transport in England. Some people don’t have to wear a face covering including for health, age or equality reasons. Elsewhere in England it is optional and is not required by law (except shops from 24th July), including in the workplace. If you choose to wear one, it is important to use face coverings properly and wash your hands before putting them on and before and after taking them off.
It is important to know that the evidence of the benefit of using a face covering to protect others is weak and the effect is likely to be small, therefore face coverings are not a replacement for the other ways of managing risk, including minimising time spent in contact and increasing hand and surface washing. These other measures remain the best ways of managing the risks”.
Haddenham Garden Centre Update July/August 2020
Restaurant now open 7 days a week with opening hours:
Monday – Saturday: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Garden Centre opening hours:
Monday – Saturday: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday: 10:30am – 4:30pm
We look forward to welcoming you, please read all of the below carefully and please adhere to all the guidelines to make your visit as safe as possible for everyone.
Guidance for your visit:
- Strictly do not visit us if you have any Covid-19 symptoms as advised by the government
- Strictly only visit us if you are allowed to under current government medical guidance
- No dogs allowed to enter the store or restaurant as it makes social distancing difficult for others
- No groups over 6 people
Safety Measures in place:
- Limited and spread out car parking spaces
- 2 metre queuing and distancing markers
- One way customer flow system to maximise distance from others
- Limiting customer numbers into store, with one in one out system if necessary
- Screens at all tills to protect staff and customers
- Credit/Debit card machines cleaned after every use
- NO CASH. Contactless card payments up to £45
Stay safe & best wishes,
The Hawkins Family
(owners of Haddenham Garden Centre)