Skip to content
Your local, family-run, independent garden centre, restaurant and shop
- Keep on top of your weeding.
- Protect fruit trees & fruit bushes from late frosts using protective fleece.
- Tie in climbing & rambling roses to trellis or wires.
- Sow seeds of annuals, biennials, herbaceous plants & vegetable plants outdoors now. For best results prepare a good seedbed, free from weeds & stones.
- Feed trees & shrubs – we recommend Vitax Q4.
- Re-seed your lawn where patches have appeared.
- Now is the time to divide Bamboos & waterlilies.
- Sweet Peas can now be sown outdoors.
- Divide herbaceous plants when they have grown too large for their allotted space.
- Lavenders can be pruned now, protect open wound from frost.
- Hoe your borders.
- Protect your plants from slugs & snails.
- Vine weevil larvae are active now, be aware if your plants suddenly start to wilt. Use vine weevil killer as a drench to control the problem.
- Mulch rose beds with a 5- 8cm layer of organic matter, we recommend blended farm manure.
- Remove frost damaged shoots from evergreen plants.
- Put rabbit guards around newly planted trees & shrubs to protect the bark.
- Mow your lawn as required.
- Repair lawn edges.
- Apply a high nitrogen lawn feed to encourage good strong growth. Scott’s lawn builder lawn food would be our recommendation.
- Excellent time to apply a Lawn weedkiller.
- Sow new lawns from Mid April.
- Remove algae from paths & patios, Patio magic is our recommendation.
- Treat timber structures, we recommend Ronseal products.
- Start to use a liquid feed on your houseplants once you start to see signs of new growth.
Garden Centre & Shop
Mon – Sat: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday: 10:30am – 4:30pm
Mon - Sat: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am – 4:00pm